Creativity and Purpose Mark AGCO’s 30th Year
A look back at the AGCO team's 2020 successes
Creativity and Purpose Mark AGCO’s 30th YearA look back at the AGCO team's 2020 successes
While 2020 wasn’t the year anyone had planned, we are proud of our global AGCO team’s resilience, creativity and accomplishments in the face of unforeseen challenges.
Thousands of workers in our production sites, warehouses and offices (whether at home or following public health guidelines onsite) worked hard this year to bring our vision of helping our farmers secure the global food supply to life while protecting each other and supporting our communities. Our teams used their considerable ingenuity to engage with farmers and dealers in a digital environment and continue their track record of industry-leading success.
AGCO Team Supported Communities around the World
In rapid response to the global crisis, AGCO factories around the world produced personal protective equipment (PPE) for their local communities, dealers and suppliers when those items were in short supply. Fendt produced face shields on a commercial 3-D printer at the Asbach-Bäumenheim cab factory and donated them to support emergency services at the BRK county association Nordschwaben. Similarly, Massey Ferguson’s Beauvais facility produced and donated thousands of full face shields to 94 hospitals and medical centers across France.
In addition to manufacturing and donating PPE to healthcare professionals in hospitals in all municipalities where AGCO has operations, our Santa Rosa facility in Brazil also produced 80 hospital beds for the Ivan Goulart hospital in São Borja and the Santa Rosa Municipal Health Foundation.
Early in the year, the AGCO Agriculture Foundation committed to addressing the global impacts of COVID-19. The group launched the COVID-19 Aid Program with a $100,000 donation to World Food Program USA and donated more than $300,000 to non-profit organizations in Argentina, Brazil, India, Spain, Turkey, the United States, the United Kingdom and Zambia to address and prevent hunger and poverty in the wake of the pandemic.
Digital Shift Unlocked Creativity and Expanded Reach
While most in-person events were cancelled due to coronavirus concerns, the AGCO team quickly pivoted to a virtual approach. In July 2020, Massey Ferguson hosted an award-winning virtual launch event for the new MF 8S Series tractor with more than 65,000 attendees from around the world. Fendt showcased new and enhanced products including the Fendt MOMENTUM and FendtONE via virtual events. Virtual factory tours, like this one from Jackson, MN, USA, were also popular this year. From virtual supplier events to product launches to dealer and press events, the AGCO team’s creativity kept us connected to our farmers and partners.
Recognized Success Around the World
Our team’s industry-leading innovation and focus on delivering solutions farmers require to feed our growing population continued to be recognized in markets around the world.
- AGCO was named the 2020 recipient of the John C. Portman Global Leadership Award by the World Trade Center Atlanta for the influential role AGCO plays in expanding international trade and helping farmers feed the world
- Massey Ferguson 8S.265 won Tractor of the Year TOTY 2021 (European market)
- Valtra G135 Versu won Best Utility Tractor of the Year 2021 (European market)
- Fendt 211 V Vario won Best Specialized Tractor of the Year 2021 (European market)
- AGCO won eight 2021 AE50 Awards (U.S market):
- Fendt® Momentum® planter
- Fendt IDEALdrive™ steering system
- 9350 DynaFlex® draper header with AutoDock™ header docking system for Fendt IDEAL® combines
- Fendt 700 Gen6 Series tractors
- Fendt 1100 Vario® MT Series track tractors
- Fendt TeachIn Headland Turn Assistant
- Precision Planting® FurrowForce™ two-stage closing system
- AGCO South America won the “Machine of the Year” Award by Agriworld in the planter category
- World Economic Forum recognized Fendt as a frontrunner in Industry 4.0
- AGCO won the 2020 IoT World Award for Manufacturing IoT Deployment “AGCO Component Manufacturing Using a Digital Execution System from Proceedix”
- Valtra won the Tractor of the Year Spain Award for Valtra N154 Eco Direct in the 101-200HP category at the FIMA show
- Massey Ferguson won the Tractor of the Year Spain Award for MF TH8043 in the multitasking equipment for telehandler category at the FIMA show
- Fendt Katana 650 won the Innovation Award at Fieragricola 2020
While our 30th year wasn’t what we had planned, our global AGCO team rose to the challenge and emerged a stronger, more purpose-driven organization. We want to thank our team members around the world for their commitment to their fellow employees, our communities and our farmers. Their creativity, resilience and can-do spirit made 2020 a year to remember. We look forward to what 2021 has in store. Happy New Year!