Posts Tagged ‘MF 6600’
After the successful launch of its ground-breaking MF Global Series tractors last year, Massey Ferguson has announced the cabbed versions of the MF 4700 Series will be produced in AGCO’s Beauvais manufacturing facility in France.
Production of the new Global Series cab models provides the Beauvais plant with an annual potential for an additional 2500 tractors. The plant currently produces the MF 5600, MF 6600, MF 7700 and MF 8700 tractors from 80hp to 400hp and the current average annual production is about 16,500 units.
“The cab model is eagerly-awaited by our European distribution network,” says Thierry Lhotte, Massey Ferguson Vice President Marketing for Europe, Africa and Middle East. “We have had many requests for information from customers. This gives us full confidence we can achieve the annual production target of 2500 additional tractors for the Beauvais plant. This product satisfies a segment of the market currently not covered and should contribute to a net market share gain for the brand.”
Massey Ferguson is delighted to have been awarded a Silver award for its MF 6600 range of tractors at the inaugural IMMA awards at this year’s Cereals event in Cambridgeshire, England.
The IMMAs are a totally new machinery awards scheme that recognises the best new farm equipment on the market today.
This new initiative organised by the Cereals Event and supported by the AEA, The Institution of Agricultural Engineers, The Royal Agricultural University and Farmers Weekly, recognises the very best in agricultural engineering.
The independent panel of judges awarded the honours based on the following criteria – Innovation, cost-effectiveness and value.
The judging panel consisted of a number of high profile names from the world of agriculture: Professor Dick Godwin, Harper Adams University (soils and cultivation); Professor Toby Mottram, Royal Agricultural University (robotics); Peter Redman (IAgrE); Prof Paul Miller, NIAB (sprayer expert); Phillip Clappison, Farmers Weekly Contractor of the Year; Roger Lane-Nott (AEA) and David Cousins, Farmers Weekly.
Massey Ferguson submitted their entry back in April, in a comprehensive application that was co-ordinated by Lindsay Haddon, Advertising and Sales Promotion Manager for Massey Ferguson in the UK and Ireland. The package included not only technical information, but supporting collateral such as video, images and customer testimonial.
The MF 6600 award was highlighted by the following closing statement “Ruggedly powerful engines and intelligent design ensure all models in the MF 6600 range have a high power-to-weight ratio for extraordinary all-round machine ability and agility in all applications. The Massey Ferguson DNA clearly runs through the MF 6600 range, with the same familiar, contemporary styling and a presence that makes every Massey Ferguson tractor stand out from the crowd.”
The judging panel clearly agreed!
The MF 6600 Series from Massey Ferguson introduces the highest power four cylinder tractors on the market. This new five-model range precisely matches the needs of farmers and contractors employing modern and efficient crop establishment and mechanisation techniques.
“Massey Ferguson has developed the MF 6600 Series for the new generation of farmers who are looking closely at their asset management in terms of labour, power, soil protection, cropping and the environment,” says Campbell Scott, Massey Ferguson Brand Development Manager. “This new range combines the right size and power with productive features that are needed to farm most effectively in today’s challenging conditions.”
The MF 6600 Series offers users the power, torque and operating benefits associated with a six cylinder tractor in a 4 cylinder compact and extremely agile tractor with a great power to weight ratio. Fitting in between the MF 5600 Series and the awarding winning MF 7600s, it offers a high level of standard specification with a wide choice of transmissions, hydraulic systems and cab comfort to suit their specific requirements.
As well as sharing a similar size and style of cab as the MF 7600 Series, the MF 6600 Series is also available with Dyna-4, Dyna-6 or Dyna-VT transmissions and in Essential, Efficient or Exclusive cab specifications. Together these provide 10 different variants.
Massey Ferguson MF 6600 Series
|MF 6612||MF 6612||MF 6615|
|ISO Max power||120hp||130hp||145hp|
|ISO Max (EPM)||135hp||145hp||160hp|
|MF 6613||MF 6614||MF 6615||MF 6616|
|ISO Max power||125hp||140hp||150hp||160hp|
|ISO Max (EPM)||150hp||165hp||175hp||185hp|
|Specification||Essential, Efficient, Exclusive|
|MF 6614||MF 6615||MF 6616|
|ISO Max power||140hp||150hp||160hp|
|ISO Max (EPM)||–||–||–|
MF 6600 Series features
- Pioneering high capacity 4.9 litre, four cylinder AGCO Power engine delivers enormous power and high torque and introduces the most powerful tractor in the sector. Equipped with Generation 2, Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) technology with Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC) for high efficiency and low emissions.
- Superb maneuverability from a light, compact design providing excellent power to weight ratio with a short overall length, but long wheelbase for superb balance and traction. New front support for close coupled, integral front linkage.
- SpeedSteer option offers effortless swift headland turns.
- Leading Massey Ferguson Dyna-4, Dyna-6 semi-powershift with AutoDrive option as well as Dyna-VT continuously variable transmission for certain models, allow users to select the best for their business and tasks.
- New combined flow, 100 litre/min hydraulic system and new right-hand joystick operates transmission, hydraulics and loader with one hand.
- The same spacious and comfortable cab as the MF 7600, with mechanical and hydraulic suspension options and new controls. Owners can choose from three levels of specification to suit their budgets and needs.
- Connected by AGCO’s Fuse Technologies:
- New Auto-GuideTM 3000 guidance system operates through Datatronic 4 tractor terminal.
- The tractors are AgCommand® ready allowing the simple addition of a control box to provide full telemetry. New APP allows the AgCommand option to be used with smartphones and tablets.