Posts Tagged ‘farm’
Hey there! I recently picked up an iPad2 and I am addicted to all the different Apps that are available, even more so than on my iPhone! Everything from sports to financial news and most importantly Agriculture! While most farmers are not walking around with an iPad around the shop or in the field all the Apps below are also available on the iPhone. Every farmer wants to know the future weather patterns; the Weather Channel App is interactive and intuitive. It provides “layers” on the radar map for everything from “feels like” to “UV index”.
Most importantly, the Ag Apps! In no order of importance I have listed my Top 5 Apps that help the everyday farmer around his/her day to day tasks as well as commodity news and updates.
1) AGWEB – Their news is broken down by Crops, Business, and Livestock. Providing detailed information on the biggest headlines that can help you grow your business.
2) Spray Lite – Spray Lite customizes to your farm! The app provides entries for detailed information regarding your farm, where you sprayed, what chemical you applied and what crops you are growing. The settings are adjustable to focus on a specific operator, including the spray pressure, water rate, and speed of application. Over all a great crop management App.
3) AgriBusiness – This is the most detailed informational Ag App I have found. Subcategories include BioFuel, Corn Markets, Dairy, Fertilizer, Fruit, Forestry, Rice, Nuts, Tobacco, and Wheat. Some subcategories break down regional information into as many as 110 different countries!
4) PrecisionEarth – Using the GPS in your phone, this App can map out field boundaries and utilize Shapefiles. It also has the functionality to Import Imagery, Analysis Results, and Export Shapefiles. Entering grower, farm and field information, has never been easier!
5) Tank Mix Calculator – Who wants to do math all day? I know I sure don’t. Select the acreage, tank size and gallon per acre, then select the chemical (over 170 to pick from) and you are off to the field! This is a real time saver, not to mention eliminates mathematical errors that could kill your crops!
These are only a few of my favorites; farmers are designing their own to suite their needs. If you could design an App to help you run your farm what would it include?!?
UK Beef farmer Michael Hanson, 26, and surveyor Hayley Morgan, 31, decided they wanted to tie the knot in an incredible way that celebrated their country lives.
The bride arrived at the church on a Massey Ferguson 6400 tractor which transported the happy couple after the service to the Welsh bride’s family farm nearby, to have their portrait taken with a herd of British Blue Cattle.
Michael then drove the couple 28 miles in a farm truck across the English border to the reception at his family farm in Eardisland, where they now live.
The brilliant style continued in the marquee in the ground of the farm, with guests’ names written on cattle ear tags and the wedding cake was even designed to fit within the British Blue theme, decorated with icing figures of their dogs and cattle.
The couple then honeymooned in Texas, the beef farming capital of the world, where they spent three weeks touring cattle farms.
They are planning to spend their wedding money gifts on adding to a new herd of British Blue Cattle. That is not just loyalty to the brand, but also to cattle farming! Did you incorporate your favorite AGCO tractor brand into your big day? Share your photos with us on our Facebook page!