Posts Tagged ‘Farm Progress Show’
As we gear up for the 2014 Farm Progress Show, we’re excited to share the full schedule of our educational series, a new addition to the AGCO lineup. The Fuse Technologies Pavilion, located on lot #1002, will be hosting a number of presentations covering a range of issues concerning technology, productivity and profitability. Presentations include:
- Who’s Watching Your Data? Corporations are interested in your agronomic data. What’s your position? We’ll help you decide by offering perspectives on the issue of data privacy. Wednesday, 10:00 a.m.
- There’s a Problem with Your Shoe! The secret to minimizing grain loss and maintaining a clean sample in higher- yielding, higher-moisture corn is in managing your combine’s shoe load. In this session, AGCO’s Kevin Bien explains why and offers solutions. Tuesday, 11:00 a.m. and Wednesday, 3:00 p.m.
- Advancement of Rural Cell Internet Coverage. Expanded cell coverage will enable new technologies on the farm. How can you profit? Tuesday, 2:00 p.m.
- Getting the Most out of Tillage. An informative presentation on the history of tillage, alternative tillage methods and how to optimize your tool’s performance. Tuesday, 3:00 p.m. Wednesday, 11:00 a.m.
- Reduce Compaction. Increase Yield. Soil compaction has been proven to reduce yield by as much as 10 to 15%. In this session, we’ll talk about technologies that can help reduce compaction, including tracks systems, large flotation tires and automatic tire inflation. Tuesday, 10:00 a.m.
- It’s All About the Kitchen! Managing job stress is an important aspect of farmer health and productivity. Here we make the business case for operator comfort and discuss recent equipment advancements, including cab and front axle suspension, ballasting techniques and guidance systems. Wednesday, 2:00 p.m.
- Turning Trash into Treasure. There are dollars to be made with the trash your combine leaves behind. In this session, we’ll discuss the emerging biomass market – what it is, how you can profit and how to get started. Tuesday, 1:00 p.m.
- Right Place. Right Product. Right Time. Accurate product placement is critical to the successful growth of a crop. This session will not only discuss the various product delivery options available but a number of other application- specific technologies that help deliver higher yields. Wednesday 1:00 p.m.
Please make sure to come early as seating is limited.
Other important information:
2014 Farm Progress Show: August 26 – 28, 2014; Boone, Iowa
AGCO: Lot #1002
Farm Progress Show Attendees Caught a Break From the Heat While Learning About AGCO’s Technology Offerings
By Jason O’Flanagan
The 2013 Farm Progress Show (FPS) held in Decatur, IL, from August 27-29 was a great platform for farmers in North America to be exposed to the new FuseTM Technologies strategy from AGCO. FPS is the largest open air farm show in the Americas, with a unique focus directly on the farmer.
During the show AGCO showcased its technology offerings under the shade of the Fuse Pavilion at the center of the AGCO lot. Pathways leading in and out of the pavilion emphasized a key piece of the Fuse strategy – connectivity among different machinery – and guided users to various machines where they could talk with AGCO experts about Fuse technology products.
On the stage within the Fuse Pavilion, presentations at lunchtime on Tuesday and Wednesday included Bob Crain, Sr. VP of AGCO NA, Dr. Jay Lehr, Mike Pearson and me, Jason O’Flanagan. The panel discussed technology in general as well as how the Fuse Technologies strategy would benefit the farmer.
Key to the Fuse Technologies message was the “smart bar.” It featured some of the technology products that are already part of the Fuse portfolio such as AgCommandTM and Auto-Guide® 3000, which were available for demos. The pavilion and smart bar were a hit in the hot weather, providing a welcome respite from the sun to have questions answered and to see the technology in action.
“High-tech solutions for professional farmers feeding the world.”
To see more photos from the event, visit our Facebook page.
To learn more about Fuse Technologies, click here.
Jason O’Flanagan is a Senior Marketing Specialist for the AGCO ATS team for the North America region.