Posts Tagged ‘Farm Progress Show’
FuseTM Technologies had a comprehensive presence at tradeshows around the globe late summer and fall this year. AGCO customers had a chance to interact with current precision farming technology products, talk with Fuse experts, and hear a little about what to expect from AGCO technologies in the future.
The North America region represented Fuse Technologies at several shows – often despite unseasonably chilly and rainy weather conditions. Fuse was in attendance at InfoAg, MAGIE Show and Husker Harvest Days, and the sun came out just in time at Ohio Farm Science Review for successful field demonstrations using Auto-GuideTM 3000 and FieldStar® II. A visit to the virtual farm through the augmented reality experience at Farm Progress Show was a big hit with show attendees. You can see a sample of the full Farm Progress Show 2014 experience here. Fuse was also represented at the United States capitol at CAPA’s (the Coalition for the Advancement of Precision Agriculture) inaugural Precision Ag Forum in September. Read more about that event here.
In South America, Expointer had interactive Fused Farm displays, representing AGCO’s technology solutions for Massey Ferguson and Valtra. The Fuse strategy was presented in an exclusive area of the stand for both brands. The essence of the strategy was displayed by a touch screen totem, showing all of AGCO’s technology products, the product benefits to customers, and AGCO’s vision for precision agriculture in the future. The technology stands also featured a video wall that showed customer testimonies, discussing the positive points of having AGCO technology products (guidance, telemetry, etc.) in his machine. Another attraction was the AgCommand App simulator, also running in a touch screen totem, where customers could check some of the benefits of the system. In general customers provided very positive feedback about AGCO’s Fuse initiative.
Between the 15th and 16th September, over 1,000 Mackenzie University students visited the AGCO stand during a Job Fair sponsored by the university – one of the largest and most traditional of Brazil. At the AGCO stand, students could learn about the evolution of technology in the field, interacting with the Fuse Technologies totem. AGCO´s professionals explained our global connectivity strategy, positioning our company as a leader in the development of technologies focused on farmers.
On the opposite side of the globe, the Massey Ferguson Vision of the Future events were held in the Asia Pacific (APAC) and the Europe, Africa, Middle East (EAME) regions. In Europe, the Fuse message was an integral part of cutting-edge technology conversations such as the latest in drone technology. Onsite demonstrations showed how guidance, telemetry and ISOBUS compatibility can allow Massey Ferguson customers to produce more with less. EAME hosted a Fendt Field Day as well, and recently participated at Agrosalon in Russia. At each event, customers had the opportunity to interact with AGCO technology products and learn more about the Fuse connected strategy. The 2014 tradeshow season will conclude with EIMA (International Agricultural and Gardening Machinery Exhibition) in Italy in November.
In addition to the unveiling of several new Massey Ferguson tractor models, Massey Ferguson Vision attendees in Australia were educated about the Fuse Technologies strategy and what to expect from AGCO technology products in the future. You can read more about the Australia event here. APAC also hosted a Massey Ferguson customer event.
To see more photos from recent events, visit our Facebook page.
To learn more about Fuse Technologies, click here.
Another Farm Progress Show has come and gone, and what an accomplishment it was! This year visitors noticed something different on the AGCO lot. We turned the entire AGCO lot into a scaled-down version of a farm to demonstrate new ways to tackle the complex challenges of farming. We offered up the latest innovations from our brands, plus we showed how to get more from your operations using AGCO’s next-generation approach to precision ag technology.
As we gear up for the 2014 Farm Progress Show, we’re excited to share the full schedule of our educational series, a new addition to the AGCO lineup. The Fuse Technologies Pavilion, located on lot #1002, will be hosting a number of presentations covering a range of issues concerning technology, productivity and profitability. Presentations include:
- Who’s Watching Your Data? Corporations are interested in your agronomic data. What’s your position? We’ll help you decide by offering perspectives on the issue of data privacy. Wednesday, 10:00 a.m.
- There’s a Problem with Your Shoe! The secret to minimizing grain loss and maintaining a clean sample in higher- yielding, higher-moisture corn is in managing your combine’s shoe load. In this session, AGCO’s Kevin Bien explains why and offers solutions. Tuesday, 11:00 a.m. and Wednesday, 3:00 p.m.
- Advancement of Rural Cell Internet Coverage. Expanded cell coverage will enable new technologies on the farm. How can you profit? Tuesday, 2:00 p.m.
- Getting the Most out of Tillage. An informative presentation on the history of tillage, alternative tillage methods and how to optimize your tool’s performance. Tuesday, 3:00 p.m. Wednesday, 11:00 a.m.
- Reduce Compaction. Increase Yield. Soil compaction has been proven to reduce yield by as much as 10 to 15%. In this session, we’ll talk about technologies that can help reduce compaction, including tracks systems, large flotation tires and automatic tire inflation. Tuesday, 10:00 a.m.
- It’s All About the Kitchen! Managing job stress is an important aspect of farmer health and productivity. Here we make the business case for operator comfort and discuss recent equipment advancements, including cab and front axle suspension, ballasting techniques and guidance systems. Wednesday, 2:00 p.m.
- Turning Trash into Treasure. There are dollars to be made with the trash your combine leaves behind. In this session, we’ll discuss the emerging biomass market – what it is, how you can profit and how to get started. Tuesday, 1:00 p.m.
- Right Place. Right Product. Right Time. Accurate product placement is critical to the successful growth of a crop. This session will not only discuss the various product delivery options available but a number of other application- specific technologies that help deliver higher yields. Wednesday 1:00 p.m.
Please make sure to come early as seating is limited.
Other important information:
2014 Farm Progress Show: August 26 – 28, 2014; Boone, Iowa
AGCO: Lot #1002
Farm Progress Show Attendees Caught a Break From the Heat While Learning About AGCO’s Technology Offerings
By Jason O’Flanagan
The 2013 Farm Progress Show (FPS) held in Decatur, IL, from August 27-29 was a great platform for farmers in North America to be exposed to the new FuseTM Technologies strategy from AGCO. FPS is the largest open air farm show in the Americas, with a unique focus directly on the farmer.
During the show AGCO showcased its technology offerings under the shade of the Fuse Pavilion at the center of the AGCO lot. Pathways leading in and out of the pavilion emphasized a key piece of the Fuse strategy – connectivity among different machinery – and guided users to various machines where they could talk with AGCO experts about Fuse technology products.
On the stage within the Fuse Pavilion, presentations at lunchtime on Tuesday and Wednesday included Bob Crain, Sr. VP of AGCO NA, Dr. Jay Lehr, Mike Pearson and me, Jason O’Flanagan. The panel discussed technology in general as well as how the Fuse Technologies strategy would benefit the farmer.
Key to the Fuse Technologies message was the “smart bar.” It featured some of the technology products that are already part of the Fuse portfolio such as AgCommandTM and Auto-Guide® 3000, which were available for demos. The pavilion and smart bar were a hit in the hot weather, providing a welcome respite from the sun to have questions answered and to see the technology in action.
“High-tech solutions for professional farmers feeding the world.”
To see more photos from the event, visit our Facebook page.
To learn more about Fuse Technologies, click here.
Jason O’Flanagan is a Senior Marketing Specialist for the AGCO ATS team for the North America region.