Recently I had a chance to demonstrate our new Hesston by Massey Ferguson WR Series windrower to hay & forage growers in the San Joaquin Valley in California. The responses from the demonstrations was so overwhelmingly positive that I had to capture it on video. The one thing I heard loud and clear from everyone was that our new WR Series didn’t just meet their expectations, it exceeded them in many ways.
One thing that I found very interesting about the San Joaquin Valley is that they still use mostly sickle headers to mow hay, instead of rotary disc heads. When I asked why, they said it was because they didn’t believe a rotary disc head could do as good of a job as a sickle head. But when we mowed their fields with our new 9196 TwinMax™ advanced conditioning disc head featuring our RazorBar™ low-profile cutterbar next to their sickle headers, they couldn’t believe the cut quality. To quote one grower “This machine is doing a beautiful job in alfalfa, I don’t think you could ask for a better job”.
But don’t just take my word for it, check out this video of WR Series test drive interviews.
What is it that you would like to see in your next windrower? That is the question we asked commercial hay producers across the country in the developmental process of our new Hesston WR Series Windrowers. We found out that operators didn’t just want a better windrower, they wanted a revolutionary new machine that would change the industry. Check out this video to find out what producers really wanted in a new windrower and catch a glimpse of our WR Series windrower in action.
The all-new Hesston® by Massey Ferguson® DM1300 Series Butterfly Mower System provides professional producers in North America with the reliable, smooth-cutting disc mower configuration suited to their needs. A single DM1340 model front-mount mower and two DM1398 model rear-mount mowers may be combined to provide cutting widths up to 30-feet. The mowers gently cut and condition forage for quick drying and optimum quality of the final product.
All three mowers feature a low-profile, light-weight compact modular angle cutterbar. The DM1300 Series mowers offer a spring-tine rotor and four-way adjustable conditioning comb that create a loose, well-aerated swath allowing crop moisture to be quickly discharged into the atmosphere.
- Cutting height can be adjusted between 1.5- and 2.8 inches with simple-to-reach hand crank
- DM1340 offers 17-inch headland lift and 26-inches of total up and down tilt; hydraulic side-shift capable of moving 8-inches side-to-side
- DM1398 uses SafetySwing protection system helps prevent damage caused by objects encountered in the field
- Turbo Lift System (TLS) helps improve cutting quality
- Mowers can be parked in upright transport position to conserve storage space
The all-new Hesston® by Massey Ferguson® 2170XD Large Square Baler allows commercial hay producers and large producers in North America to create large, “extra density” square bales that are more efficient to stack, load, transport and store. This baler has been re-engineered to accommodate the added weight that comes with denser bales, and is built tougher with heavy-duty tension cylinders and plunger arms, a heavier flywheel, and higher-capacity gearbox and driveline to provide the reliable performance producers have come to expect from Hesston.
This baler creates 3- by-4-foot bales, up to 9 feet in length, with bale weights 15 percent greater than the standard MF2170 baler and 30 percent greater than standard MF2170 balers sold before model year 2010.
- Redesigned flywheel is 91 percent heavier to help create a heavier bale while operating smoothly at normal load in most conditions
- Newly designed gearbox comprised of larger, stronger components
- Uses new Category 7 primary and secondary drivelines with heat-treated yokes
- Reinforced frame structure
The all-new Hesston® by Massey Ferguson® WR9700 Series available in North America, delivers performance never before seen in self-propelled windrower technology. The WR9700 Series features five models, each designed for specific uses from large-scale hay production to grain swathing. The WR Series boasts industry firsts such as an easy-to-use C100 Monitor system that controls nearly every aspect of the windrower for exceptional operating precision and efficiency in the field. Fuel economy is enhanced, thanks to AGCO POWER™ engines with e3™ clean-air technology which also meet Tier 4-interim emissions compliance.
Other new features include an exclusive V-Cool™ System that maintains optimal engine temperatures. A GlideRider™ rear-axle suspension system and an optional semi-active air-suspension seat with leather side boosters plus heating and cooling combine for a smoother ride and greater operator comfort.
- Five models from 100 to 220 horsepower
- Powered by fuel-efficient AGCO POWER diesel engines
- e3 selective catalytic reduction (SCR) clean-air technology to meet Tier 4-interim emissions compliance
- Proprietary V-Cool system efficiently manages all cooling needs
- First windrowers in the industry to operate all hydraulic, engine and drive functions by means of an onboard computer terminal
- Each model pre-wired for plug-and-play GPS auto-steering