Archive for August, 2011
No other professional-grade applicator in its class provides the quality, productivity, value and operating experience that you’ll find in the new 2012 RoGator for North America. At the core of the RoGator RG900, RG1100 and RG1300 models is a proven drivetrain system and a highly-efficient Tier 4 interim compliant AGCO POWER 8.4-liter diesel engine designed with e3 SCR technology for a boost in horsepower. Operators will appreciate having ground-level access to nearly all of the machine’s service points. A new longitudinal A suspension improves headland turning and reduces the amount of motion that is transmitted to the cab. A larger display; real-time reports on engine, transmission and fuel performance; and rear-wheel track monitoring and adjustments are just a few important features found on the enhanced AGCO RoGator Management Center. An improved hood design, mirrors, lighting and backup alarm and cab noise reduction improve operators’ overall control and comfort.
• Powerful and efficient Tier 4 interim-compliant AGCO POWER 8.4-liter diesel engine with e3 SCR technology
• Proven fuel efficient engine compared with EGR engines
• Increased horsepower
• Ground-level access to most service points
• Longitudinal A suspension improves turning, stability and riding experience
• New RoGator Management Center (RMC) features better display, engine data and rear-wheel track monitoring and adjustments
• Sleek hood, mirrors, lighting and backup alarms improve visibility and operator control
• Stainless steel boom plumbing end caps improves accuracy, cleanout and on/off times
• More convenient layout of operator armrest controls
• Proven drivetrain system improves performance and reliability
• Enhanced operator environment with reduced sound levels, optional leather seats and new easy-to-clean floor mat
• AGCOMMAND™ Advanced telemetry package for vehicle logistic and maintenance
The all-new Hesston® by Massey Ferguson® 2170XD Large Square Baler allows commercial hay producers and large producers in North America to create large, “extra density” square bales that are more efficient to stack, load, transport and store. This baler has been re-engineered to accommodate the added weight that comes with denser bales, and is built tougher with heavy-duty tension cylinders and plunger arms, a heavier flywheel, and higher-capacity gearbox and driveline to provide the reliable performance producers have come to expect from Hesston.
This baler creates 3- by-4-foot bales, up to 9 feet in length, with bale weights 15 percent greater than the standard MF2170 baler and 30 percent greater than standard MF2170 balers sold before model year 2010.
- Redesigned flywheel is 91 percent heavier to help create a heavier bale while operating smoothly at normal load in most conditions
- Newly designed gearbox comprised of larger, stronger components
- Uses new Category 7 primary and secondary drivelines with heat-treated yokes
- Reinforced frame structure
The all-new Hesston® by Massey Ferguson® DM1300 Series Butterfly Mower System provides professional producers in North America with the reliable, smooth-cutting disc mower configuration suited to their needs. A single DM1340 model front-mount mower and two DM1398 model rear-mount mowers may be combined to provide cutting widths up to 30-feet. The mowers gently cut and condition forage for quick drying and optimum quality of the final product.
All three mowers feature a low-profile, light-weight compact modular angle cutterbar. The DM1300 Series mowers offer a spring-tine rotor and four-way adjustable conditioning comb that create a loose, well-aerated swath allowing crop moisture to be quickly discharged into the atmosphere.
- Cutting height can be adjusted between 1.5- and 2.8 inches with simple-to-reach hand crank
- DM1340 offers 17-inch headland lift and 26-inches of total up and down tilt; hydraulic side-shift capable of moving 8-inches side-to-side
- DM1398 uses SafetySwing protection system helps prevent damage caused by objects encountered in the field
- Turbo Lift System (TLS) helps improve cutting quality
- Mowers can be parked in upright transport position to conserve storage space
The all-new Sunflower® 1800 Series Tandem Disc Harrows are built for North American producers who need a heavy-duty disc harrow capable of breaking through hard-packed soils and thick crop residue for primary tillage needs. The Sunflower 1800 Series combines bigger blades and wider blade spacing with larger frames to produce some of the highest weight-per-blade specifications in the industry for reliable performance in the field. These disc harrows feature cutting widths from 14-feet, 4-inches up to 39-feet, with a weight-per-blade range of 333 pounds to 635 pounds.
The Sunflower 1800 Series Tandem Disc Harrows are available in two models with a variety of widths and configurations that cater to the specific needs and field conditions of individual farming operations.
- Available with 28- or 30-inch plain or notched disc blades, spaced at 11- or 13-inch intervals to slice and mix crop residue
- Spring-cushion gangs prevent damage in the field from rocks
- Gang angle positioning can be adjusted depending on crop, field conditions
- Constructed of high-strength 4-inch-by-8-inch tubular steel to withstand horizontal stress and rotational torque
- Total weight ranges between 11,152 pounds and 37,568 pounds.
The all-new Sunflower® 1700 Series Offset Disc Harrows offer the highest weight-per-blade specifications in the industry for optimal soil penetration and crop residue management in the field. Featuring large-diameter disc blades and the necessary weight needed to easily tear though hard soils and thick crop residue, the SF 1700 Series Offset Disc Harrows combine innovative technology with heavy-duty durability and toughness for optimal soil penetration and crop residue management in the field.
The Series consists of two models that allow for numerous machine configurations with a variety of widths and weights — from 299 pounds to 514 pounds depending on the model and its configuration. The SF 1700 Series working widths range from 11 feet up to 24 feet, 11 inches, giving producers a multitude of choices so they can select the offset disc harrow that’s ideal for their operation.
- Two models: SF1710 rigid frame, SF1730 flexible frame.
- Spring-cushion gang design helps prevent unnecessary damage in the field
- Configured with 28- or 30-inch notched disc blades spaced at 11- or 13-inch intervals for mixing action
- Adjustable gang angle positioning allow for establishment of ideal seedbed
- Heavy-duty tubular steel frame is built to withstand rigors of aggressive tillage
- Total weight ranges between 10,329 pounds and 22,860 pounds