Archive for August, 2011
The System 350 is the latest auto-steer technology available through the AGCO North American dealer network. The System 350 features a new X30 all-in-one control console that gives operators an entirely new level of precision control, dependability, flexibility and ease of use. It provides a wealth of control and display options that allow the operator to easily monitor machine activity at a glance to help reduce expensive swath overlap and easily manage field-by-field information for increased productivity and efficiency. An easy-to-use icon-based setup screen on the X30 console allows the operator to configure the system to the specific needs of the job, rather than being restricted by preset parameters.
The System 350 Automatic Steering includes boundary and U-turn recognition features that allow operators to easily complete turns and lock onto the next swath. The System’s guidance dashboard provides on-screen indicators for area covered, speed, swath number and satellite information while it builds a color coverage map that the operator can use to review which areas have been covered.
• 12.1-inch multi-touch screen features crisp, high-resolution graphics that are easy to see even in bright sunlight
• RTK Snap-in Module plugs into the System 350 AGI-3 receiver for centimeter (RTK) accuracy
• Snap-in module includes an internal 915 MHz radio for receiving data from a Topcon HiPer AG radio base station or a US GSM cellular modem
• Capable of using Continuously Operating Reference Station (CORS) correction via cellular data link as an alternative to RTK correction
• Enhanced data management features with multiple input and output options to compile and store valuable field-by-field information
• Automatic coverage maps track the area covered by the vehicle so producers can easily identify missed areas or areas of overlap
• Moves easily from one vehicle to the next
• Available through AGCO’s North American dealer network
The Sunflower® 9610 conventional drill delivers precise seed placement for grasses, legumes and small grains in conventional tillage systems. The 9610 offers 15- and 20-foot wide working widths, one of the industry’s largest-capacity seed hoppers, easily adjustable down pressure and a maintenance-free meter-drive system to help producers accurately and efficiently seed more acres in a day.
The Sunflower 9610 conventional drill is built on a heavy-duty frame and offers varied row-spacing options to meet producer needs. Two down-pressure zones ensure consistent seed placement in different soil conditions, such as behind tractor tires.
• Largest capacity seed hoppers in the industry
• Available in 15- and 20-foot wide working widths
• Row-spacing options of 6 inches, 7 1/2 inches or 10 inches
• Easily adjustable seeding depth in ¼-increments from minus 1 inch to plus 3 inches
• Single-arm-mount conventional openers placed at an 8-inch stagger for increased residue flow
• Choice of four press wheels for varied soil conditions
• Heavy-duty frame withstands the rotational forces created by the openers
The all-new Sunflower® 9800 Series Single-Disc Air Drill is built to ensure North American producers are able to cover more acres per day quickly and efficiently, across the entire range of soil conditions, from no-till with heavy residue to soft fluffy conventional till. Even though the Sunflower 9800 Series boasts some of the most innovative features in the industry, they’re some of the simplest drills to understand and easiest to operate.
Designed with fewer moving parts to minimize maintenance down time, and engineered for easy operation with simplified seed-depth control, these innovative air seeders are available in 30-, 40-, and 50-foot widths, to fit well into any size farming operation.
• Single-disc opener establishes consistent, unobstructed seedbed
• Gauge wheel significantly reduces sidewall compaction or “smearing”
• Down pressure adjustments made on-the-go from inside the cab
• Seeding depth easily adjustable between 0 and 3 inches
• Two 25-hour grease zerks on each transport tandem for simple maintenance
• Designed for use with Sunflower 9900 Series Air Carts, which offer three models from 280-bushel up to 525-bushel capacity
Growers in North America will definitely want to see the all-new White Planters™ model 8936-30 planter at farm shows this fall. This amazing new planter is AGCO’s answer to three requests from farmers:
- Big, to help plant more acres in a day.
- Efficient, to optimize the amount of running time in the field.
- “Light on its feet”, allowing earlier planting with reduced compaction.
The White Planters 8936-30 is built to minimize compaction while providing performance in the field and convenience in transport. The 8936-30 is a 36-row planter with 30-inch row spacing and is the industry’s first row crop planter equipped with a 30-inch by 67-inch, factory-installed rubber track transport system. This track system combines with four large gauge wheels on each wing to provide three times the floatation as similar planters equipped with wheels – to significantly reduce soil compaction.
With a 150 bushel central fill system (CFS), the 8936-30 allows the operator to plant 450 acres before stopping to fill with seed.
In addition the 8936-30 is built on a heavy-duty, durable frame of 7-inch square by ½-inch thick steel tubing. The five-section tool bar is designed with exceptional wing flex to ensure consistent seed depth regardless of the terrain. From the convenience of the tractor cab, the operator can have the planter unfolded in just over two minutes. It folds to a width of 15 feet for convenient transport.
A 12-cc piston-style orbit motor on the CFS fan provides consistent airflow to distribute seed to all 36 rows, and the planter’s three-section variable-rate hydraulic seed drives are controlled by a microprocessor terminal/monitor. Pneumatic row-unit down pressure and GPS-compatible automatic row-shutoff come standard. The White Planters 8936-30 can be configured with several tillage attachments as well as granular chemical and liquid fertilizer tank options to meet producers’ individual production practices.
The all-new Sunflower® 4600 Series Disc Rippers are built for North American professional farmers in search of a rugged machine to handle challenging soil and residue conditions. The SF4600 Series combines deep tillage with a proven disc harrow design for primary surface tillage, fracturing subsoil compaction while sizing and mixing residue throughout the entire working depth of the disc blades. The 4600 Series is built on a solid frame with heavy-duty disc harrows and shanks designed to deeply penetrate heavily compacted soils while easily slicing through tough crop residue to maximize crop yield potential.
Available in four models, the 4600 Series is built on a heavy-duty frame with working widths large enough to maximize a tractor’s horsepower.
- Largest disc ripper in the industry
- Four models from 14 ft. up to 26-feet, 2-inches
- Available with 7 to 13 shanks by model
- Two ranks of industry-leading, 28-inch diameter, 5/16-inch thick disc blades slice and redistribute heavy crop residue
- Three finishing harrow attachments level residue and reduce clod size in varying soils