Archive for December, 2010
For the national winner Johannes Vlach, sales manager and owner of Marep. This award is not only about great recognition, but also incentive. “The award helps us to prove ourselves to the manufacturers and the customers as well. It allows us to show what we are capable of achieving,” he said. The third national winner applied for the Shell Service Award for the first time eight years ago. “At the beginning we were classified under “also-ran”. But we improved each year. First we were runner up, then regional winner, and now national winner. And the company has grown along with the awards”, said Richard Roth, Managing Director of the Raiffeisen Waren-Zentrale Rhein-Main eG, Wolfskehlen-Riedstadt.
This is the ninth year that the editors of Agrartechnik magazine and Shell Deutschland Schmierstoff GmbH have awarded the Shell Service Award. To enter the competition, the candidates had to answer 450 questions, which focus on the services offered, proximity to customers and expert knowledge. The award is the only agricultural machinery dealer award in Europe that is entirely independent of the manufacturers and is therefore an important quality standard for dealers. Congratulations to all the winners!
Do you have a great dealer who supports you with great service and technical knowledge? If so, comment on them here to give them some well-deserved recognition.
Have you submitted your photo yet?
Are you planning on coming to AG CONNECT Expo in Atlanta, January 8-10, 2011? AGCO will be there in a big way showcasing some awesome technology with a re-vamped show booth that you do not want to miss.
AG CONNECT Expo 2011 is a world-class event for the global agriculture industry—bringing together the latest in equipment, technology and ideas.
This event will feature:
* Expert-led educational sessions with content driven by leading industry organizations
* Networking opportunities and events with suppliers and producers from around the world
* Innovations in equipment, precision ag, inputs and services to help you maximize profits
* Management by the industry, for the industry—with show direction in the hands of AEM members and other industry leaders” Source: About the 2011 Show | AG CONNECT Expo
I know that the show was held in sunny Orlando, Florida, USA last year, but Atlanta is a great destination too! Besides being the home of AGCO global headquarters, there are tons of other fun attractions to visit as well. I personally recommend visiting the Georgia Aquarium, the World of Coke, the High Museum of Art, the Sweetwater Brewery, the Atlanta Zoo, Botanical Gardens, and historical sites like Stone Mountain, Martin Luther King Jr. ‘s National Historic Site, the Cyclorama and more! There are also tons of great places to eat and a vivid nightlife. Visit www.Atlanta.net to find out more fun things you and your family can do in addition to attending AG CONNECT Expo.
Are you coming to AG CONNECT 2011?
AGCO Parts supports the repair, maintenance and accessories needed for all AGCO brands, as well as competitive farm equipment. Professional farmers count on AGCO Parts for consistent OEM quality, availability, competitive pricing and valuable 12 month warranty.
Looking for good quality Challenger, Fendt, Massey Ferguson, Valtra and other tractor or combine harvester parts? AGCOPartsBooks.com is a web-based parts catalog viewer in North America, Europe, Africa, Middle East, East Asia, and Pacific that is making to easy to find and order parts for our tractors, combine harvesters and other farm equipment. AGCOPartsBooks.com is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and is significantly enhancing our state-of-the-art catalog system.
AGCO is committed to improving AGCOPartsBooks.com and is currently developing a newer version of our e-parts catalog for our valued dealers and customers in 2011. What improvements would you like to see in our next e-parts catalog?
“The challenges posed by forestry work and the required product solutions have been kept in mind during the design process of every Valtra tractor model. Forest cab, TwinTrac reverse drive control, narrow mudguards, cross-ply forestry tyres with valve covers, Xenon lights and clean bottom make Valtra ideal for both harvesting and transporting timber, but also for chipping, mulching, forwarding and other forestry operations.
Valtra specific options for forest use:
- Super visibility and safety with the optional forest cab with glass roof and protective bars
- Good ergonomics and excellent usability with the TwinTrac reverse drive control or just throttle pedal at the back of cabin offer. The driver’s seat rotates 180 degrees in every model
- Impressive ground clearance, “clean” bottom of the tractor body, low centre of gravity
- Good weight distribution, good stability and good grip for front wheels
- Ground speed PTO option
- Narrow mudguards, forestry tyres and extra lights as accessory
- Centre frame serves as fuel tank in T and A Series. Steel fuel tank available for the N Series” Source: Forest use
What type of specialty work do you use your tractor for?