Archive for December, 2010
Have you submitted your photo yet?
Are you planning on coming to AG CONNECT Expo in Atlanta, January 8-10, 2011? AGCO will be there in a big way showcasing some awesome technology with a re-vamped show booth that you do not want to miss.
AG CONNECT Expo 2011 is a world-class event for the global agriculture industry—bringing together the latest in equipment, technology and ideas.
This event will feature:
* Expert-led educational sessions with content driven by leading industry organizations
* Networking opportunities and events with suppliers and producers from around the world
* Innovations in equipment, precision ag, inputs and services to help you maximize profits
* Management by the industry, for the industry—with show direction in the hands of AEM members and other industry leaders” Source: About the 2011 Show | AG CONNECT Expo
I know that the show was held in sunny Orlando, Florida, USA last year, but Atlanta is a great destination too! Besides being the home of AGCO global headquarters, there are tons of other fun attractions to visit as well. I personally recommend visiting the Georgia Aquarium, the World of Coke, the High Museum of Art, the Sweetwater Brewery, the Atlanta Zoo, Botanical Gardens, and historical sites like Stone Mountain, Martin Luther King Jr. ‘s National Historic Site, the Cyclorama and more! There are also tons of great places to eat and a vivid nightlife. Visit www.Atlanta.net to find out more fun things you and your family can do in addition to attending AG CONNECT Expo.
Are you coming to AG CONNECT 2011?
AGCO Parts supports the repair, maintenance and accessories needed for all AGCO brands, as well as competitive farm equipment. Professional farmers count on AGCO Parts for consistent OEM quality, availability, competitive pricing and valuable 12 month warranty.
Looking for good quality Challenger, Fendt, Massey Ferguson, Valtra and other tractor or combine harvester parts? AGCOPartsBooks.com is a web-based parts catalog viewer in North America, Europe, Africa, Middle East, East Asia, and Pacific that is making to easy to find and order parts for our tractors, combine harvesters and other farm equipment. AGCOPartsBooks.com is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and is significantly enhancing our state-of-the-art catalog system.
AGCO is committed to improving AGCOPartsBooks.com and is currently developing a newer version of our e-parts catalog for our valued dealers and customers in 2011. What improvements would you like to see in our next e-parts catalog?
“The challenges posed by forestry work and the required product solutions have been kept in mind during the design process of every Valtra tractor model. Forest cab, TwinTrac reverse drive control, narrow mudguards, cross-ply forestry tyres with valve covers, Xenon lights and clean bottom make Valtra ideal for both harvesting and transporting timber, but also for chipping, mulching, forwarding and other forestry operations.
Valtra specific options for forest use:
- Super visibility and safety with the optional forest cab with glass roof and protective bars
- Good ergonomics and excellent usability with the TwinTrac reverse drive control or just throttle pedal at the back of cabin offer. The driver’s seat rotates 180 degrees in every model
- Impressive ground clearance, “clean” bottom of the tractor body, low centre of gravity
- Good weight distribution, good stability and good grip for front wheels
- Ground speed PTO option
- Narrow mudguards, forestry tyres and extra lights as accessory
- Centre frame serves as fuel tank in T and A Series. Steel fuel tank available for the N Series” Source: Forest use
What type of specialty work do you use your tractor for?
Mike is a 20-year veteran of the application business and covers a staggering 68,000-acres a year. While those numbers are impressive, it’s the commitment to excellence that Mike brings to the job each day that has earned him trust and respect among his colleagues and customers. The announcement was made at the Agricultural Retailers Association (ARA) Conference and Exposition in Palm Springs, California, USA on Dec. 1.
Mike looked good sitting atop his new Harley-Davidson motorcycle which was awarded to him as the winner of the 2010 AGCO Application Equipment Operator of the Year award.
Operator of the Year was established by AGCO‘s Application Equipment group in North America five years ago to recognize the outstanding achievements and professionalism of the agriculture industry’s premier custom applicators. Agri-retailers from across the country submitted some of their best custom applicators.
Who should be nominated next year for Operator of the Year 2011?